Cynllun Datblygu – Crynodeb
Development Plan – Summary
2014 – 2017
- Improve outcomes at Key Stage 3 in all subjects at Level 6+ and 7+.
- Improve performance in Art, History and Physical education at Level 5+.
- Reduce the gender gap in English, Welsh First Language, Art and History.
- Work closely with our family or primary schools to ensure a smooth transition between Key Stage 2 and 3.
- Improve the Level 2
- Inclusive performance indicator by 5%.
- Improve the Level 2
- performance indicator by 4% and Level 1 by 3%.
- Improve the performance of middle ability girls in all subject areas.
- Reduce the gender gap at Key Stage 4.
- Improve the performance of Free School Meals pupils.
- Improve provision for More Able and Talented Learners.
Teaching and Learning
- Extend the amount of outstanding teaching through sharing best practice, including peer observation, triad work and the use of ‘IRIS Connect’.
- Undertake high impact training to improve classroom practice.
- Provide training for teaching assistants on strategies to boost literacy and numeracy skills.
- Continue to provide ongoing training on marking and assessment to ensure that the quality of feedback is consistently good across the school.
- Continue to provide training for middle leaders on the use of data, self-evaluation, development planning, marking and assessment.
- Strengthen the line management system to ensure clear areas of accountability.
- Introduce a Progress Leader data tracking system to identify and tackle underachievement early.
- Allow middle leaders to jointly observe lessons with Senior Leaders to promote consistency of delivery and strengthen self evaluation skills.
Attendance and Safeguarding
- Raise attendance rates to 97%.
- Work with the local authority educational welfare service to tackle low attendance. Continue to update staff child protection training.
- Continue with a rolling programme of classroom decoration and furniture replacement.
- Work with the local authority to upgrade the changing room facilities.
- Work with the local authority to upgrade the toilet facilities in the bottom block.
- Continue with a rolling programme of renewing ICT facilities.